Showing posts with label pet sitting license. Show all posts
Showing posts with label pet sitting license. Show all posts

Business License

Do I Need a Business License?

Most people are very confused about this. Pet Sitting does not require a "trade" business license, but most states will only require you to register your business with the state (which is called a DBA - Doing Business As). 

To find out what your state licensing agency requires, click here, then click on your state and choose general licensing. This will take you right to the link to register your business. It is usually fairly easy to find this information online, but if you are having trouble finding it, just find a phone number (to your local state government agency) and give them a call. They will be able to tell you all you need to do to become a legal business entity.

Canada may require you to file Declaration of Trade Name Form. You may also be required to acquire a Master Business License or municipality license in each area you may service. For more information, visit your local city hall or government office.

When you register for your business license, they will ask you what sort of business entity you will want to register under. There are a few options: Sole Proprietor, Partnership, Limited Liability Company and C or S Corporation.

In the next installment, we will talk about what each of these mean and which is the best for you.